With Malta being an EU Member State and also part of the Schengen area, the MRVP will not only grant to the Main Applicant and his dependants Visa-Free entry to Malta but, also grants the benefit of Visa-Free travel within the Schengen area.
Legal Notice 189 of 2017 introduced outstanding amendments to the Programme, which made it even more competitive in the relocation Market. The Salient amendments include:
- An additional contribution fee of Euro 5,000 for each parent or grandparent of the Main Applicant or of the spouse listed as such at the time of the application.
- The age limit of 27 years for children over 18 years of age, who are unmarried and economically dependent on the Main Applicant has been removed. This means that qualifying children over the age of 27 can now be included in the programme at application stage and additionally any child who qualified as a dependants below the age of 27 at application stage will now not lose his/her residency rights on turning 27.
- A child, including an adopted child, of the main applicant or of the spouse, who at the time of the application is not yet born or not yet adopted by the Main Applicant or by his spouse, and is born or becomes so after the day on which the certificate is issued, can now be included in the application.
- The introduction of the option granted to the Main Applicant, to apply against a non-refundable administrative fee of Euro 5000 per additional person to include on the Main Beneficiary’s certificate (subject to a successful due diligence check), the following:
o The spouse of a previously approved dependent child; and
o The child, born or adopted after the day on which residence is granted, of a previously approved dependent child , or of a previously approved spouse of the dependent child.
- Removal of the requirement for the Main Applicant and his/her dependants to spend a period outside of Malta that exceeds either six consecutive months or an aggregate period of ten months in any four-year period from the date when the certificate is issued. This amendment not only allows the Main Applicant to reside without any restrictions in Malta but also grants the possibility to the Main Applicant and his/her dependants to apply for Long-Term Residence status.
For any additional information, feel free to contact us on email@example.com